Wednesday, July 17, 2019



Wellness Goes Hand In Hand With Weight Watching!


  Here I am again and it's still me and God but I am not currently enrolled in Weight Watchers. It is 2019 and I am coming up on my 53rd birthday. My body has been through a lot since my last post but I have managed to get answers to many of the problems that have been wearing me down. Two major diagnoses.. fibromyalgia and diverticulitis. Besides the fact that I have battled low thyroid for 25 yrs. I had major ankle reconstruction and a hysterectomy last year. And went through another bout of depression.
  BUT....I am not in that unhappy funk anymore! I changed Doctors and got back in church. Two of the best decisions I've made in a while. And thanks to my best friend Michelle, I am eating healthy and moving my body more. My dear husband has helped the process by putting a workout room in our basement. And my son James has encouraged me to walk at the local park with him several mornings in the past two weeks. We walk about a mile and a half and my little dog Daisy joins us.
   I had been told that staying active is the best thing for fibro but in the past I tended to overdo it and spend days afterwards hurting and just feeling drained. But now with God's help and the help of family and friends I am doing so much better. I had gained up to 231 lbs a couple of months ago. I am down to 212. I know that is a number that I don't need to dwell on, but it is a number that is too high to be healthy.
   I thank God that I am losing weight but mostly for what He is doing in my life. I have started participating in Revelation Wellness with my cousin Dena as the instructor. She is a blessing and a great encouragement for myself and others to be a better Christian, a better caretaker of our bodies and a better person as a whole.
    I know that God is working on me and leading me to a place where I can also be an inspiration to others. Hopefully this blog is a help and a Blessing to you, my readers. God Bless you and guide you in all your endeavors.


No comments:

Post a Comment