Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Good Intentions

   My first Weight Watchers weigh in was on Valentines Day at a Monday night meeting. I had already lost 7 lbs.on my own. I was excited, but saddened by the fact that I could not count those pounds while others in the class were celebrating and getting stars for losing 5 lbs. As I looked around the nearly filled room, I saw a very good friend from my church there. I never would have thought she needed Weight Watchers. She waved for me to sit beside her and then whispered that she was a lifetime member who had lost over 40 lbs.
    This immediately gave me encouragement to do this thing. But, finding out that all my old WW books were obsolete (because it was now "Points Plus") was a dissapointment. I wasn't about to pay that much money again for the new calculater, recipe books, points guide etc. So I figured I would sign into WW online and get help.
  Online I found what I needed to "get by" until I could afford to at least get the calculator.  Oh, how I missed the the old slide scale used to calculate points. This was going to be difficult. At least the way I was going about it all was a good effort and the next weigh in would tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment